Handpicked Spain: Bilbao to the wine paradise of la Rioja
Starting from €1950per person
1 min read
This journey will dazzle you with its unique combination of culture and gastronomy. It is a once-in-a-lifetime experience for wine enthusiasts, as you will taste some of the greatest reds in the world and visit historic and innovative world-class wineries. The trip starts in Bilbao, a 500-year-old city famous for the Guggenheim Museum, an iconic architectural masterwork designed by Frank Gehry, its culinary delights and the vibrant old center filled with authentic boutiques, small bars and restaurants. You will then spend three days in la Rioja, the most important wine region in Spain. You will wonder around beautiful vineyards with stunning views and medieval stone villages, while tasting the best Spanish wines right in their homeland.
PLEASE NOTE: The itinerary of this experience can be tailor made to your needs and interests. The departure dates can be arranged according to your schedule. Local destination masters, wine experts and foodies will accompany you throughout your stay.
- – Accommodation at tried and tested charming design hotels
- – Meet and interact with interesting local people throughout your journey and listen to their life stories
- – Guided visit to Guggenheim Museum, a must-see for both art and architecture enthusiasts
- – Delicious pinchos bar hopping in the old city led by a local foodie
- – Dining at a Michelin-star restaurant (additional cost)
- – Experiencing night life in Siete Calles, Bilbao
- – Visit to Mercado de la Ribera, Cathedral of Santiago and stroll around the small streets around Plaza Nueva.
- – Marques de Riscal winery and hotel
- – Lopez de Heredia Winery
- – Insider access to small and private vineyards (picnic at a vineyard weather permitting)
- – Tapas tour of Logrono
- – Tours of Haro and Laguardia
- – Discovery of best-kept secret small towns of la Rioja
- – Tasting the best red wines of Spain
- DepartureBilbao Airport
- Departure TimeTo be determined
- Return TimeTo be determined
- Dress CodeCasual. Comfortable athletic clothing, hiking shoes, hat, light jacket.
- IncludeOptional ExperiencesEntry fees for featured visitsVineyard and winery visitsPrivate sightseeing toursLuxury accommodationEnglish-speaking local guidesPrivate transfersAirport meet and greetHandcrafted itineraryBreakfast
- Not IncludedFlight ticketsSouveniers and giftsLunch